TAKE THE TRAINING THAT CHANGES LIVES.
Train with two of the most experienced, thoughtful, and skillful teachers in Charleston. For over 10 years Andrea Boyd & Jeffrey Cohen have fostered an unprecedented yoga community that has earned a nationwide reputation as a destination for incredible yoga. Known as the teachers of teachers, they have not only presented yoga worldwide at the behest of many eager students, but also have trained and certified hundreds of teachers in their own trainings and in the Jivamukti Yoga method.
Whether your intention is to teach yoga, deepen your practice, or just learn about yoga, this training is for all interested parties. This training will ignite your potential and bring out all of your natural gifts to share with others. We love to teach and these weekends are FUN, EMPOWERING, UPLIFTING, & A BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY TO EMBARK ON FOR YOURSELF.
"The Natural Teacher"
Yoga Teacher Training Program
w/Jeffrey Cohen & Andrea Boyd
AUGUST 13 - SEPT 9, 2018
Other Guest Faculty includes Dr. MA Jayashree, Dr. Lori Zucker.
In this 250hr training you will:
Access your natural talent of communicating & connecting
Create unique Vinyasa Sequences
Have a command of Yoga philosophy
Establish a spiritual program that is authentic and life long
Have in-depth immersions into Sanskrit & Anatomy
Play the Harmonium and Sing Kirtan
Learn the art of hands-on assists
Learn to skillfully teach many aspects of yoga; Vinyasa, Pranayama, Philosophy, Kriyas, Restoratives, and more
Explore and contemplate many provocative issues surrounding Yoga in the modern world; popularity, spiritual materialism, veganism, environmentalism, and more
7:15 - 8:15a Meditation/Scripture Study
8:30 - 9:50a Asana Class
10a - 12p Lecture or Practical
12p - 2p Lunch Break
2 - 4p Lecture or Practical
4:15 - 6p Lecture or Practical
6p - 8p Dinner Break
TENATIVE SCHEDULE*: Most likely, we will be working with 5/6 days on, 1 day off schedule.
*Subject to Change. All sessions are mandatory. Certificates will be awarded only to those who have completed 100% of the sessions. Make up sessions may be completed at a cost of $100/per hour, but are discouraged due to loss of continuity within the course.
10% off all book purchases in our Boutique
- A Path with Heart (Jack Kornfield)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Swami Satchitananda)
- Tao Te Ching (Stephen Mitchell transalation)
- Jivamukti Yoga (Sharon Gannon & David Life)
- Yoga & Vegetarianism (Sharon Gannon)
- Autobiography of a Yogi (Paramahamsa Yogananda)
- The Power of Now OR A New Earth (Eckhart Tolle)
Reference Reading (full reading not required, but books that will be used & referred to throughout the training)
- Yoga Assists (Sharon Gannon & David Life)
- Light on Yoga (B.K.S Iyengar)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Bihar School translation)
- Fell in Her Hands - An exploration into Patanjali Yoga Sutra (Ruth Lauer-Manenti)
- The Eight Talents (Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa)
- The World Peace Diet (Will Tuttle)
- Textbook of Yoga Pyschology (Shri Brahmananda Saraswati)
- An Offering of Leaves (Ruth Lauer-Manenti)
- Sweeping The Dust (Ruth Lauer-Manenti)
- Recommended Daily Practice. Take class at Satsang Yoga.
- Read all required reading before the training begins.
- Three (3) Book Reports: Choose 3 books on the Required Reading list and provide a 500 word essay as on overview or exploring a single concept of the book. Due before or at the first day of training.
$4000 paid in full.
$4200 in installments
***NEW*** Personalized Monthly Installment Plan: (auto-draft available), Pay as you go, designed for the budget minded.
Inquire For full Details and payment options. We look forward to hearing from you.
WANT TO BE IN THE TRAINING?
A $200 non-refundable and non-transferable deposit with your application secures your spot and will be applied to the program cost (deposit will be returned if application is not accepted).
Just click APPLY and the application process will begin.
Om Shantih. We look forward to hearing from you! And you'll be hearing from us soon on more details of this incredible Training. If you'd like more info on training click here